Ovum Technology Audit of Funnelback Search
Funnelback Search Technology has been independently reviewed in a new Technology Audit by leading analyst firm, Ovum. The report gives a concise review of Funnelback Search; how it works, its key features and its pros and cons.
The report includes the following key points:
- "Funnelback is a sophisticated enterprise search tool that supports highly customised search solutions delivered on-premise, hosted or in the cloud."
- "Organisations looking for ESR solutions that offer a rapid proof-of-concept and subsequent deployment should consider Funnelback."
- "Funnelback's underlying technology... delivers extremely efficient and fast indexing and query capabilities."
- "Funnelback offers organisations rapid time-to-value for a wide range of search functions at a relatively low cost. The variety of deployment options available ensures that the solution can address most organisational IT architecture requirements."
- "Funnelback includes a highly intuitive contextual navigation function, which dynamically creates filters across unstructured and semi-structured content across many information sources..."
- "...In addition, there is a behavioural learning capability, which automatically monitors the search patterns of users and tunes the algorithms to their requirements to deliver more personalised results."
- "The core search functionalities in Funnelback are not strongly language dependent and many European language sets are fully supported... Given its geographical genesis, it is not surprising that besides English, Funnelback supports simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Thai."
- "The single administration interface is highly intuitive and enables the configuration of both the product's crawler and indexer."
- "Funnelback aligns with corporate security policies by respecting Windows NT LAN Manager (NTLM) authentications, restricting access based on IP address or host name, and giving access to restricted information only to authorised users, directing all other users to a "public" collection. Funnelback also supports both early and late binding on documents indexed."
- "Funnelback's largest deployment to date covers 70 million documents, delivered via its private cloud as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution."